Have you ever changed your opinion about a product or service after reading the available online reviews? The answer in most cases is yes. Online reviews play a decisive role in influencing customer decisions. The same must have happened while choosing a food item. Reading online reviews is a great way to solve the confusion about what you should buy. Additionally, online reviews are also a great source to plan and manage your restaurant business.
Does your restaurant offer the option of online ordering? If not, check here how to start online ordering for your restaurant?
Why a restaurateur should take online reviews into consideration?
- Online reviews provide you with first-hand experience of customers.
- Online reviews give you a sneak peek at customers’ real opinions.
- Reviews on the internet help the restaurant owner know what customers feel about their brand.
- Online reviews are a gateway to a customer’s heart. They help you with what the customer is expecting from a product or brand.
- Positive reviews also attract customers and build your brand credibility.
- Reviews also give you insight into the areas you need to improve. It helps you upgrade your restaurant operation as per the customer’s choice.
- Online reviews help you plan and choose the right strategy for the growth of your business.
Therefore, planning the next course of action for your restaurant with the help of online reviews can significantly elevate your business and increase your sales.
4 Easy Ways You Can Use To Boost Your Restaurant Business By Using Online Reviews
Besides, online reviews influencing customers a restaurant’s flawless service can even influence customers to write good online reviews genuinely. This blog provides you with ways to manage online reviews in a better way and also educates you on how to use them to strategize your business in accordance with the reviews available online.
1. Find Out The Platforms You Get Reviews On
There are many platforms where your customers write reviews to rate a brand, service, or product.
- Google reviews are one of the most popular places for online reviews. Make sure you check what your customers are writing about you there.
- Some other places where you can check reviews include; Yelp, Open Table, Facebook, Zagat, Zomato, Swiggy, and other third-party aggregator applications.
- Make certain you keep an eye on your application and website. Know how to create an online food ordering app for your restaurant here.
2. Ask Your Customers To Give Feedback
Customer feedback is the golden treasure you need to take your restaurant business to the next level.
- Install an option where customers can submit their feedback on your website and application.
- Integrate a link asking for customer feedback after the order has been confirmed. Keep that link active for a few days or months so the customers can provide you with feedback at their convenience.
- You can even ask for feedback or follow up in a couple of days.
- Most importantly, respond to all the feedback you receive whether positive or negative.
3. Learn To Deal With Fake And Negative Reviews
It is very important for the restaurateur to master the art of dealing with fake reviews and negative reviews. While negative reviews can help you improve your weak areas but they without a doubt affect your brand image tremendously. Therefore, it is crucial to learn to tackle them creatively.
- Half of the problem gets solved right away when you personalize your responses. Personalizing your response to a negative review will make your customer feel heard.
- Don’t just respond. Explain how will you deal with their problem. Explaining that you have planned to solve the problem will show that you genuinely care and will do anything to set things right with your customers.
- Keep a common format to respond. Having some lines ready to begin the conversation will save your time and will help you say the right things concisely.
- For fake reviews, first of all, you need to identify that they are fake. Fake reviews generally have various typing and grammatical mistakes. Fake accounts are easy to distinguish. Mostly, fake accounts don’t have a proper name. They use numbers or some alphabet for their user name. And they generally don’t use a profile picture. Once you have identified a fake review, report it. The verification process and removal of a fake review can take up to months.
4. Focus On Improving Customer Experience
Providing customers with a good experience is the primary aim of every business.
- Take care of your customers when they are at your restaurant. Make certain they are happy and being attended to properly. If you by any chance make a mistake, solve it right there. You can even offer a complimentary item to your customers to compensate for the mistake.
- You need to take care of your online ordering customers as well. Are wondering how to retain your online ordering customers?
- When your customers are satisfied with your services. They will definitely give you good reviews and might even suggest to their friends to visit your place.
Hope this blog helps you choose the right strategy to grow your business by using online reviews. With the right planning and execution, your restaurant will move forward towards improved sales and profit.
Keep yourself updated with recent news in the Food and Beverage industry by following us on Instagram.