The holiday season is approaching, as summers are right around the corner. Is your restaurant ready for the holiday season?
Everybody craves for the holiday season to come. Holidays give people a chance to refresh themselves. It is a good break from the hustle and bustle of mundane life. Who doesn’t like change?
People usually come prepared to loosen their pockets in the holiday season. Therefore preparing your restaurant and marketing yourself during the holiday season can take your restaurant sales to the next level.
7 Evergreen Tips To Prepare Your Restaurant For The Holiday Season
The holiday season is a great time for people to rejuvenate. And for the restaurant to serve customers and make profits.
But to manage the restaurant holiday rush can be a challenging task. So, here is your easy guide to handling huge footfall and sales together.
1. Choose a smart strategy
Many restaurateurs will be preparing for the upcoming holiday season. It will be your distinguished strategy that will make your restaurant stand out from others.
- Be prepared with additional staff for holidays and train them well on time.
- Go seasonal. Plan a suitable restaurant marketing plan for the holiday season.
- Conduct giveaways and offer rewarding discounts to your customers and followers online.
- Plan out gigs by artists during the weekends. Keep theme parties on specific days (like Twerky Thursday, Fun Friday, etc).
- To accommodate more customers, make certain that your restaurant has a variety of plans and offers for various hours of the day.
- Don’t forget to contact your suppliers in advance. Make sure you don’t comprise your stock the entire holiday season.
2. Prioritize safety
The pandemic is still lurking and its fear is too. Make sure you prioritize the safety of your customers and staff. Don’t forget to checklist safety in your restaurant holiday schedule.
- Follow government-mandated guidelines. Know the impact of covid on restaurants here.
- Get your staff vaccinated with booster doses.
- Look out for your seating arrangement. Assure the furniture at your restaurant is placed at a proper distance.
- Let your customers know if they need to carry a vaccination certificate for visiting your restaurant.
3. Set the ambience right
It goes without saying that your decor is the second thing that your customers remember you for after your food.
- Decorate your restaurant accordingly with the season. Here are some suggestions for decorations.
- Make space for some photo booths. Your customers may be looking forward to taking home some good photographs.
- Use reusable decoration so it can be used again
- Lastly, make sure that the decoration you use is eco-friendly and sustainable.
4. Promote online and offline
All restaurateurs have understood the value of online marketing. But traditional holiday marketing idea of reaching your customers can get your business groove this season.
- Many offices, schools, and institutions host events before closing for a holiday break. Reach out to them for catering services.
- Print flyers for offline marketing.
- Send customized seasonal messages and emails. Post frequently on social media to market your offers and discounts for the season.
- Offer online/on-call reservation services.
- Let your customers know well on time if they will get to see their favourite artist in your restaurant.
Don’t forget to design the layout of all your advertisements whether online or offline as per the holiday season. What are the best organic strategies for marketing?
5. Keep your Menu up-to-date
To follow the season is the key. Make it your top priority to include fresh and new culinary for the upcoming season.
- Include seasonal dishes and seasonal drinks in your menu.
- Fill up your bar in accordance with the weather. Your customer’s preference for drinks changes with the season.
- Try to include variety in your food for your vegan customers.
- Decide your weekly special and season’s special with care.
- Try to change the layout of your menu with the season as well.
6. Make sure you have a POS system this holiday season
Handling a restaurant with a POS becomes much easier. An updated POS system will make you manage your customers, staff, inventory, commercials and so much more very smoothly.
- POS will tackle the whisk by easing the process of taking orders.
- It will enhance your customer’s experience and customer service.
- It can manage your inventory and menu on a real-time basis.
- It reduces your wastage of money and food.
- Managing bills and commercials become quick and accurate.
7. Focus on customer relations
No one can deny the importance of customer relations in the food and beverage industry.
- Frequently run loyalty programs to attract customers. Which customer loyalty program is suitable for you?
- Always focus on making their experience the best at your restaurant.
- Offer them discounts or hampers whenever possible.
- Invest in a customer relationship management (CRM) technology for efficient handling of your customers.
In conclusion, it is important to market and maintain your USP to stand out from your competitors. Plan out a strategy well before time. Market your restaurant. Be prepared. Hope you use this coming holiday season to give your customers a happy time.
Keep yourself updated with recent news in the Food and Beverage industry by following us on Instagram.